Monday 15 June 2015

Tacky tourist in a gift shop



With regards to the gift and souvenier shops found at the Great Synagogue , some find it tacky.

On the contrary , there were a few firsts which I had never seen before such as these rows of Kippah 








First time seeing a face veil.





Ceramic pin ons with the word 
" Shalom "




And those red strings...
are they like that Kabbalah thingy some celebrities are wearing ? 
They even have miniature Ten Commandment tablets in the case.




Ok , I've seen many variations of the hand with evil eye charm before in Istanbul




But this machine which promises a souvenier from depositing 2 coins in and turning the wheel ?
I may have seen this in Italy ....not very sure but hey , I'm gonna put 2 coins in and see what comes out.





Failure.
Must be due to wrong positioning.
Oh well...must mean I am a tacky tourist.






Location : Budapest

No comments: