Wednesday 9 September 2015

Procession before Mass at St . Stephen ' s Basilica


Had always wanted to attend an indoor mass in Europe , yes everybody loves Europe , but I never expected my first attendance would be in St. Stephen's Basilica in Budapest , Hungary.
That's what free and easy travel can accord oneself. But it takes a bit of planning as well as knowledge which nowadays can be so easily gleaned off your smartphone.





The timing was just right . I did not have to wait long and seeing how they did not discriminate against us slitty eyed beings here, I squeezed my short self among the faithful and hovered alongside the pews.
As luck would have it ( yet again ! ) , I found myself right smack in the middle of what appeared to be a special mass attended even by a Greek Orthodox priest but because I did not have an interpreter with me I followed as long as I could as it stretched on for far longer than mass in this region




Attendance was fullhouse and so I snuck out of the way so way so that locals would not be deprived of seating space. Yeah right over here.

And then it began.
These attendants looked so iffy in their flowing black caped robes I felt like I was in a Hogwarts hall rather a church. 

I swear I watched this procession unfold with my mouth wide open. Can't tell you how awesome I found this to be so just look at the next few wordless pics .








An orthodox priest.
This beyond is great. I absolutely love this.




And finally , the procession has come to an end.




Yeah , everyone ....even the single most important person who presides over mass has noticed me . 
Tadaaaaa...... I must be truly blessed . He's looking my way alright.







Guy with the full beard below , is like some kind of basilica guard or something. Because I looked so different from the rest of the congregation , he hardly ever let me out of his sight.
No I don't feel offended . He's just doing his job after all. 





Location : St Stephen's Basilica , Budapest , Hungary


No comments: