Tuesday 8 September 2015

Gelarto Rosa - Svent István Tér 3


Don't ever leave Budapest without trying this beautiful gelato .
It's not just hype although it does look like a gimmick what with everybody holding a cold but colourful rose in their hands while posing for selfies with the end product . Both flavour and consistency is really good.





Plus , it isn't hard to find. Just head towards St.Stephen's Basilica and look at a corner where there are a lot of people in a queue




See ? Just a stone's throw away





Well I get to the back of the line and shuffle along at an excrutiating pace





The wait can be quite taxing on the feet . Some people actually gave up and left but no way was I doing the same.




Finally !
The handsome young man at the counter is like the cashier.





While the other man in pony tail is a waiter with a lot of charisma. Very cute guy.
As you can see , the ladies in the house are the artisans who will bring life to the gelato of your choice.




Sculpting the roses does take time.
Hence even when I have already stepped into the shop , I still have to wait for my turn




Upon payment , the handsome cashier guy hands me this number to indicate the number of flavours I have paid for. 



Two more customers ahead of me and soon I will get mine. 
 Soon yah ? ....Sooonnn.



I think it's lovely . Everybody is gawking at the process and the girls look as delicate as the petals they are shaping 




Going for a mango and berry combo.




See how she's shaping it.




Second flavour goes round to form bigger petals




And walla ...refer to the topmost picture , the first on top.
Worth the wait and you'll love admiring other customers combos and colour schemes. 

Location : Budapest , Hungary 

No comments: