Thursday 15 October 2015

Cross Sauvage - Smoke Stingray fountain pen


Sauvage is a line of ball , roller and fountain pens by Cross that women find most visually appealing. 


The nib is made from 18k solid white gold with rhodium plating . Gold , not stainless steel ....definitely makes for a better writing experience. 




Barrel and cap has a jewel like sheen , achieved through hand polishing layers of lacquer.
Super duper attractive bling , I tell you !




Have had a thick Waterman and Caran d'Ache before . However , because they were of a lower end , cheaper price range , can't say I was impressed with the performance .
Of course , you cannot compare today's pens to yesterdays. Hope that explains why I found fault with those 2 highly reputed brands. 

See the curves on the Cross Sauvage.
Beautiful fit.....



....which actually writes as if floating atop paper ; smudged , stained fingers , the  most annoying side hazard . In order for me to get to that level , I'll have to go get me some ink cartridges and a converter first or I'll have to put up with dipping .




No comments: