Thursday 15 October 2015

Pink Lamy Safari - plus some unpink freebies thrown in



Getting hooked onto fountain pens can signal your entry into the abyss of no return . With that Cross Sauvage Smoke Stingray performing so incredibly , the kiamsap side of me felt I needed 
to go opt for a cheaper , what they call , the current workhorse fountain pen  .....but what I call , something I can abuse on a regular basis.





With a pink closer to Barney the purple dinosaur , it was between a more serious red or this. Red Safari ( fine nib ) was more elegant but after putting both to the test , I felt more comfortable with P for Barney ( medium nib ). 

Being a left hander , I not only have a problem with angled scissors , most fountain pens end up very scratchy due to the awkward handheld angle I guess. Anyway , I enquired from the salesperson if she had left hand nibs in stock or not. She looked so downcast , as if she hated to dissapoint me so and allowed me to test out a couple of Lamy's from fine nibs to medium to the Al Star and she even tried to impress me with the iconic 2000 but the price was ....woah....lemme work on this Safari first k ?
German or not , wow....not willing to part with MYR 600+  for that... yet. 







As I test drove more than I should have , I actually offered to clean the nibs for her lolz . Fair exchange for me , don't mind at all .
We got chatty and chummy , then walla after a bit , she threw in all these . 

Do talk to the girls behind the counter , you'll never know when she'll throw in some goodies for you .
Even if she didn't I'd still have walked away with a great fp in my favourite colour. 




Haul for chit chatting and a fair bit of goss on the side 
....2 cartridges , one rubberised neon magnetic clip band and a pen pouch . All by Lamy. 

Location : Lamy counters in Malaysia 

No comments: