Thursday 15 October 2015

Franklin Covey - Lexington and Freemont


Seeing how the prices were just so amazing , I snapped up the Lexington as well as the Freemont , just now.
Tested them both out and man , this should be remarketed as a left handers pen .

Here is the Lexington in chrome and gold , with stainless steel nib. 



Produced by the Cross company , a pen with this weight when posted would cost 3 times more onwards if it were sold by a more established brand .




Freemont in Royal Blue .
Totally , totally luurrrvvv it .
Was looking at a Cross Beverly ( way too much feathering for my liking ) , Waterman Hemisphere ( wrote well but did not have the weight I want ) and the $xxxx priced Parker Secret Shell Blue earlier. 
But the instant I held this in my hands I told the girl to wrap it up.




Got chatting with the salesperson who was pretty insistent that the more slickly marketed and expensive name ,was a thousand times better than Franklin Covey just because it is made in China . Geez. 




Me , I am of a different opinion because since I am a leftie , this is what I actually need. Inavailibility of a convertor as well as supply of cartridges in the near future , might turn out to be an issue but hey , that's what the YouTube channel is for. And I am sure you can find solutions to the 2 problems, this well appointed fountain pen presents currently.





Again , I think these 2 Franklin Coveys are fantastic value for money . 
Do get them while you can , whether online or from the regular brick and mortar stores. 
Each are priced at around RM100 .

No comments: