Thursday 31 December 2015

Vintage pumpkin teapot from the 70s


I remember staring at a similarly coloured brown dachshund teapot with a whole row of cups hanging by both sides when I was little .
Thus when I chanced across this teapot , the very familiar looking glazed ceramic with the crackled effect ,got me intrigued .
Could it be from the 60s or 70s ? 





Finishing is not perfect. In fact , quite rough , but the glazing ( both outside and inside ) is done with a few flaws and pimples here and there which also bore similarity to the doggie teapot I used to quietly admire and secretly handle . 
Seller asked for just RM 5 for this because I think , the whole set consists of a total of 4 baby cups .

While I am not very sure if this is Malaysian or Singaporean in origin , 
I have not enhanced the colour via a filter to what you see sold in the US . Reason being the pumpkins sold in this region are this dark and dull in colour .

Loving my 5 ringgit find for all of its pimples and flaws .


No comments: