Monday 22 February 2016

Fully redeemed Garfield promo at Guardian - panic stations activated


Don't know about the other states but apparently some Penangites were so smitten by this Garfield bag that in one outlet 20 bags were snapped up 
On A Daily Basis !
Not making this up . 

The outlet is on the mainland where most Penangites live nowadays .( I live on the island btw )It was the staff who divulged the statistics to me .
Situation was vice versa on the island ,I do not have any info with regards to the amount of bags they took in at each outlet , nevertheless , these bags were Fully Redeemed as well  .
Can you imagine the sales volume it generated ?

This is mine by the way . I took it alllll the way to Bangkok the other day and it did fetch many admiring looks . The bag I mean . 




In every outlet , the sticker
" Fully Redeemed " was pasted up .
Real potong stim moment man .

Ever the kepochi , I went to grill a few of the girls if any of the customers had gone into fits yet . 

Considering how many stamps one had to slowly accumulate towards the final goal only to have to have the promo ended before you could claim it , if it were me , I would bug them for new stocks . If not at least provide an alternative bag to make those who redeemed it earlier , regret not redeeming it at the last minute .

No , that is not madness . That is consideration for your customers . Real marketing .





For those who were heartbroken , I hope Guardian reads this .
I am not the only blogger covering this bag but I think I am one who gave you methods ( which you can use in the future too on other stamp promos ! ) which could have led to the crazy 20 bag sold per day scenario , in at least one outlet in Penang . 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This bag is cool and I'm sure you don't face any difficulty in identifying it from far away while on the airport conveyor belt. But for bags this nice, I'd feel the pain checking them in, knowing very well how they'd be handled.

But I guess your bag survived the ordeal, with one happy owner. :)

gostansikit said...

It is small and I did not overpack it but if I had to check it in here's what I'd do. Clingwrap it . One big Penang tauke's daughter does that to her very expensive luggage . She doesn't even use the wrapping services at the airport . Takes some effort on our part but it gets easier with time .