Monday 22 February 2016

The felon


The oddly dressed middle aged man seemed like he was shuffling around .
I wrongly presumed that he was a bit loco .
By the time he got to us and showed us the laminated explanation card as to why he was seeking donations , I have to admit , I found him startlingly honest  .



It stated that he was an ex prisoner .
53 years old .

" How are you doing ? " I asked him matter of fact 

" Well , I just got out of prison . I was rich once , but they took everything away from me "

Ok . I really do not know how to make life better for him .

Hubs took out a tenner and gave it to him . He blessed us both with the sign of the cross . Very awkward .

Five tables away he sat down .

 " Omg , we just bought him a meal . All he wanted was a meal "

Wrong again .
By the time we left , we discovered that he was just having a pot of tea . Hubs gave him some more dough . Said he was a broken man .

I wish I were more well equipped to help him out. But sometimes , all they need is a little kindness from us. Some eye to eye contact and the knowledge that some humans out there care enough to not want to know what they have done in the past , but how we can help them move forward .

Location : Penang 

No comments: