Thursday 25 February 2016

Maneki - Neko mania at Daiso Malaysia


Sweet Jesus and Mother of God what on earth have I done ?

The month has not ended and yet I have failed , I have lost the will to glue my wallet opening together and caved in to cute temptation .




This was the motherload of maneki - neko cats brought in by Daiso Malaysia which I was talking about earlier . 
What's not in the picture is the 2 large rough greyish clay designs , another white with mini daruma doll , the one with polka dots on arm and the gold ( from middle of last year ) and black maneki - neko ( featured in the post before this ).


My advice : If you don't intend to go get yours quick , just stay away . Turn around and run far , far away  ! 

Location : Malaysia 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This isn't fair. The Daiso stores here don't have these. Yes, they used to stock up on these maneki-neko years ago, but not anymore now. Have bought a few there before and have been going back there for more but left disappointed each time. The last time I went to check them out was about 2 months ago.

I, too, collect them. It all started moons ago when I bought a pair of black and white in Japan. My family of maneki-neko has since expanded. I like Daiso's as they (used to) have lots of design at a reasonable price. Will probably drop by one again soon to see if I'd be disappointed again.

Yes, the black ones are said to ward off evil. And I was told that right-hand and left-hand waving have their significance too. One is to invite fortune (Cai), while the other is to invite happiness (Fu). Can't remember which is which though.

gostansikit said...

I'd love to see some of those cats that you have. Can you paste a link in the comment box ? Or pm me through your fb page ?

Where is your location ? If KL don't have then I will be totally surprised . If Singapore , you'd better hurry . Plaza Singapura and CTP has just restocked and they have a lot of these designs here.

Unknown said...

I'm in JB. Here's a link to a video of mine:

https://youtu.be/bKYrvgiGFQk

gostansikit said...

Waisehhhhh...I just had a quick look and my goodness , now it is my turn to say not fair . I can see that u have some from Daiso but a lot of what you have are just so cute n adorable . I especially like the 1st black one , the all white one in the middle and that one that is rounded at the bottom .
Thanks for sharing . Super like it !