Wednesday 30 March 2016

The subject of tipping


The itinerary has been finalised ...air tickets too . Phew !
There's more planning involved but for now , I can say I've passed this 2nd major hurdle . There's more headache to come . No , I don't find planning ahead of a trip whoopeedoodahay fun in the least .

Now, as I'm looking through the schedule , there seems to be an awful lot of tipping involved and if you didn't know already , we Asians really hate tipping . 

However , as I discovered throughout the years , it does get things moving, opens doors and sometimes ups the service . 

When they least expect it and I get that 
" You are so kind ma'am " like they really mean it and the next day , that very same man is just eagerly waiting to assist you in any way that he possibly can , protect you like a bodyguard even , you tell me if that tip is worth it or not .





In Turkey .....
( convert to Lira pls )
MYR 10 is good . MYR 20 even better .

In the UK , when I gave the porter £5 ,  ....if he could , he would have done everything for me ! Maybe the tipping amount is more now. Shrug .

In Italy , tip well and he will want to service only you , won't grumble a peep and will be epitome of Italian hospitality from then on .

Within a few months time , I will find out for myself , how far tipping can or cannot get you when it comes to hospitality services in the USA .


No comments: