Tuesday 24 May 2016

May travel diary


Once again, I used the instaweather app to record the places I'd been to  .

Here's what went .

Because I flew with ANA , I caught the connecting flight in Narita Airport



                                                    Which turned out to be quite interesting really ...





...more so , when I spotted the Star Wars plane !




Eventually landed in Los Angeles .
Had a few hours to myself to get over the jetlag ( nah....nothing ) and I actually hunted down a Daiso lol .



Tour proper started the very next day .
This is a patrol station on the way to Las Vegas




Checked in at Planet Hollywood ! 
Yeah , the hotel itself ....




Had 2 days to explore Vegas which I really enjoyed . Days were too hot , night was wonderful .




My room at PH ....the Mario Brothers room with real movie props




Last day at Vegas . On the night of my arrival Lionel Richie was performing downstairs and in a few months time , Britney has upcoming shows on the cards . 




Garden Grove was my base in California . Spent quite a few nights here as the tour companies kind of subbed out packages to other companies and almost every tour would use LA as a point of departure .




Hearst Castle 




Same place 




After the tour , we stopped by at this small town for dinner .




Spent one night at Marriot Courtyard .
Not bad .




Enjoyed a congee breakfast in San Francisco




Tried my best to take a shot of this tower but the weather was so gloomy until the bus arrived at a beautiful viewing spot to take in the Golden Gate




Stayed on the outskirts ( again !) but the hotel was quite good 




Did the Grand Canyon before a late lunch at Fresno




At yet another gas station stopped , I went gaga over all those trucks .




Night. 
Went to my first American diner where I caused the waiter to go a little bit silly for reasons best known to him . Haha .



Next ....San Diego .


I really liked San Diego but unfortunately , the tour whizzed through the town just to take us to Seaworld and back .



After Seaworld , I had a whole day to fully enjoy Disneyland ( which I did )

And then for the 3rd day in a row I went to Hollywood first before doing yet another theme park....Universal Studios




This boy's mum let me take a picture with him . 




Stayed till evening before heading straight to the ....




...airport to catch a domestic flight on American Airlines to...




....JFK .




Hello New York !




I had a blast in New York .
Stayed in the centre of town .



Had 5 days to fully soak in this vibrant city with so many gorgeous people 




But the weather was really cold at times , unlike what you see in the picture here .




Went to Macy's




Loved looking at the Chrysler the most



And would you believe it if I told you how safe the city is ?




Took the subway and enjoyed the various talented street musicians




You can pretty much say , I grew really fond of New York 




Highlight of my entire trip ...being a live studio audience on The Tonight show starring Jimmy Fallon



Yes !




Moving on




Took a 4 day break in Japan which I spent mostly in the surprisingly charming town of Narita 



Of course , I did head into Tokyo briefly 




It was fun though 




Finally ticked Kappabashi off my to do list 




Had the best sashimi platter of my life on the fringes of Asakusa .




Headed back to Narita 




Love the rural simplicity 




Plus there are no crazy swarms of people so I truly enjoyed the area .
Silence broken every now and then by pockets of Thai tourists who seem to looooveee shopping here .




And that was the end of that .
With my first Malaysian meal at Cargas Cafe . Yums !


No comments: