Tuesday 14 June 2016

Anthony ' s Fish Grotto - San Diego


Had I known that I would find San Diego so endearing , I would have extended my stay there . But because I didn't know better , I left it up to the agency to arrange the itinerary which turned out to be so rushed , I left this lovely city with some amount of regret .






One thing I did right was to opt out of the short cruise offered . And that's how I had a bit of time to wander over to Anthony's Fish Grotto .
As you can see from the picture below , they have been operating since 1946 .

Unlike the Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco , things seem to be much slower paced here . According to the tour guide , the crowds only build up towards the weekends .






Slower paced , yet no less beautiful , pockets of blooms around , breezy promenade , plenty of wide open spaces , pretty and clean ......
 I try my best to soak in as much as I can of the area , as I slowly make my way towards the restaurant to queue up for a bite .


Dining area faces the wharf and every now and then you can view planes taking off very nearby on the right hand side .





Fish meat is so tender , soft , succulent and juicy , while the batter is crisp, light and tasty .
Almost drove me mad . I could eat this everyday ! 




However , I had to toddle along as time was a scarce luxury .
I'll remember their generous side of black beans as something I'd cook in a soup with a dash of chillies and soft cilantro . Yums !






Location : San Diego

No comments: