Thursday 16 June 2016

Coco ' s Bakery Restaurant


On and off , a total of 5 days was spent in Anaheim alone . 
Sounds so rich lol .

Because I was staying at the Sheraton  across the road , 
eventually I would wander in for a bite .





Back home , we already have Chilli's , TGIF , Bubba Gump and Johnny Rocket's .....so I really don't want to go into either of those wildly successful chain restaurants during my short spell here and end up spoiling it for myself , once I discover it probably tastes better in America itself , which means I will not only snub the local outlets but also have to fly here again just to eat. No can do . 

Coco's being an ordinary American diner untainted by overseas success fits my bill of requirement exactly whatever it is .
Yeah , I'm fickle . I have certain cravings and dispositions when it comes to food outlets .






Wedge myself into a comfy spot nearest to the exit and peer into the night through the window blinds .

Then this man , this tall black guy with the darkest shade of black hair that can challenge Fan Bing Bing's , he waltzes in towards me and when he speaks ....all I can think of is Marvin Gaye singing Sexual Healing over and over again in the background .
Wowzers , his voice is so deep , low , and sexy calming as hell , I think if it were just me and him in a room together , he would be able to hypnotise and lull me into the inside of a wicker basket  .
( yeah I can daringly type this down because we will probably never meet again * grins * )

Apparently , the effect bounced off . See , as he was talking to my half mesmerised self , he somehow managed to forget my reply / order / instruction to him ( we were both in a daze I guess ) not once but twice .
Kah kah kah . Yes I noticed but because he seemed to be embarassed , I kept a botox expression and it stayed so till I left  .





Anyway , this was my order .
The Latino man who looked like Ignacio Suarez from Ugly Betty seemed eager to know if this went well with me .
Frankly , I was expecting a larger portion but it was alright . Filling . Ok lah . 
Yes I know they are famous for other things but it was late and I was hungry and frankly I just wanted a hot satisfying meaty meal with potatoes and the works .






Didn't have the chance to try their much talked about breakfast menu ( reminds me of Csiga Cafe in Budapest ) no thanks to the tour schedule . If I come back , I will have to wear sunglasses and ear plugs and someone else will have to do the ordering or I might not be able to behave myself .

Location : Harbor Boulevard , Anaheim


No comments: