Friday 30 September 2016

Do gooder payback time


Life for hubby with me as his wifey is full of misadventures .
The biggest achievement of all was and is still truly the most epic. We once had to run across all the booths both ways back and forth at the Jelapang toll in Ipoh because I thought I left my handphone in one of the loos at the rest stop !





We could not find it because it turns out , I had left my phone on silent and had dropped it on the floor of the car ! Oh mai gawd you should have seen my face ! Needless to say I remained so sheepishly kwai for the rest of the journey .

Anyway , today , I helped a stranger . An elderly lady who was having some difficulty with her travel bag . She was holding a walking stick in one hand and had to go up the stairs one foot at a time .
It was foot first then bag . Foot again then up went the bag .

I watched her and blinked , before automatically asking her if she would like me to help her with her bag . 
When she gave me the all clear , I did exactly that and the next thing you know , she is blessing me and praying for good things to happen to me  .
Wow ok . Got a good vibe from that but little did I know how powerful her prayers would be nor how much I would need it just a few hours later .

Yes , I lost my phone again . Again .
Yet I didn't even know it until my obviously better organised half waltzed up to me as I was choosing between peppermint or matcha oil and dropped the bombshell on muah .

" You know you lost your phone and a man found it ? "




Flashed him a "Yeah right" look. 

I thought he was joking and that maybe I had dropped it on the floor ( again !) and he was the man he was referring to .

" I called your number and a man answered "
" At first I thought I had dialled the wrong number but he then told me that his wife had found your phone and they were waiting for the owner to contact them "

I turned 50 shades of the sickliest green you can ever think of .

Long story short , the couple went to great lengths to return my phone to me . His wife drove home and recharged it , the hubby layaned 2 or 3 of our phone calls , then his wife drove back down to return it to me despite her tight schedule .

For this I have to say that I am very lucky 
Mr and Mrs Loh .
Thank you so , so , soooo much for finding it and taking all the pains into returning it to me , refusing anything in return .

It is my turn to pray that God blesses both of you too . 
I hope to make it happen for both of you as the lady did for me .

Location : Penang 


No comments: