Sunday 9 October 2016

Lai Foong serves Hainanese Beef Noodles with kiam chye bits


While in KL the other day , I took the opportunity to take a quick nip into Lai Foong .




Oh how I have missed slurping down  these silky soft threads of vermicelli .
I swear , the 2 brothers have almost fine tuned the noodles and perfected their art in order for them to taste almost as but still not as good as one master sifu in Karak ( whom I do not know is still around or not because it has been donkey's years since I last went there )  .
Ya , if others are recommending the koay teow , I am telling you the beehoon is what you should be having instead .




What sets them apart is the inclusion of tiny pieces of kiam chye in the soup . And the incredibly cotton like texture of the offal . Also , the fact that they are Hainanese .
There used to be another competitor who used the long local kiamchye while Lai Foong uses the China type of kiam chye . There is a difference and their competitor is not the fella across the street . More to near the LRT station corner but again , I do not know if that operator , still exists .

My poison is teh see , served in a cuppa that is chipped .
But I would not trade either for anything else in the world as it still tastes the way it did back then , in a city that is fast becoming alien to me .

Location : Jalan Tun H.S. Lee , Kuala Lumpur 

No comments: