Friday 14 October 2016

Sky catering meal options


It's never a pretty sight when a vegetarian flyer gets served a meat laden meal onboard .
There will be a volcanic outburst that could cause some minor turbulence should you be within earshot .

While I've never given much thought to it , I never realised that meals onboard aren't just confined to a 
" Would you like the fish / chicken / beef or vegetarian ? "

Imagine if the stewardess would have to rephrase that to the following ...
Asian Vegetarian ? Bland ? Child ?Diabetic ? Fruit ? Gluten free ? Hindu non vegetarian ? Low Calorie ?



Nope . I'm not finished yet .
There's more !
Low Fat , Low Cholesterol ?
Low Sodium ? Non lactose ? Oriental vegetarian ? Raw vegetarian ? Lacto ovo vegetarian ? Jain vegetarian ? Non dairy vegetarian ?




With 8 sub vegetarian groups alone ohmaigosh , imagine if they had to include kosher or halal foods too .
!

I know I wouldn't like to incur the wrath of someone who thinks I ought to know exactly which group they belong to .
I've experienced it many times and each was just as scary as the one before ! The laser eyes , the hateful stares , raised voice , followed by a flurry of apologies  brrrrrrr .

Me ? I eat everything . Maybe airline companies ought to extend bigger discounts to travellers like me .
Unless of course I start insisting that they address my meal as High Fat , High Cholesterol lolz .


No comments: