Wednesday 9 November 2016

Reality Penang


It's not very often that I share a facebook page of an individual .
However what this person has recorded using a drone , is so now , that you have got to see for yourself , especially if you call yourself a Penangite but only come back ( I say come back because I actually live here , now , every day except when I am travelling )
, yeah but only come back once in a while .




You need to wake up and see all of the shit we , the ones who actually live here , see every single day .

The lorries , the potholes , 
the environmental damage , the chopped down trees , 
the displaced old folks , the jobless , the Singaporean style straits shophouses ,
 the ugly mess , 
the lost identity , 
the fenced up stretch of Gurney Drive , the sad variety of fishes in the wetmarkets , 
the bad durians imported from elsewhere and passed off as genuine Balik Pulau ones , 
the outstation hawkers who try to cook Penang fare , 
the rubbish , the smelly drains , 
bla bla bla .

You know what ? Just look at his video and see what Penang actually looks like today .


Yes , I am particularly sore over the trash you see on the Tg Tokong beach above . It was once upon a time beautiful and I had a lot of sweet memories with my small family there . The white foamy waters were so photogenic and we enjoyed setting up bbq ( we cleared the trash ok ? ) there . Now , I don't even dare put my foot into the water ( the beach is filthy beyond words ) . I prefer to go to Cenang in Langkawi and that makes me really sore that I have to go so far just to enjoy a beach .
Batu Feringghi is an accident waiting to happen . It always is .
Come back and see why .

Fly , swim , teleport yourself here ,
 instead of disbelieving blindly , talking trash and see all the crap that's befallen the island for yourself , with your own 2 eyes .

 I do hope someone else shows you the damage to the hill behind Mt Erskine market as well as the winding roads towards Batu Feringghi . Or the sneaky lorries that transport stuff at top speed at night ( of course now that part of Jalan Ujong Batu and that backroad of Pepper Estate has collapsed , I think they will go round island instead ) 
When the rain stops , come park yourself outside Lembah Permai . Sit by the roadside and see how many loads of lorries whiz through there back and forth .

Still best if you come back and take Grab or Uber to both areas yourself .

Warning : if you need to take a boat , please do it before Noon. Because the undercurrent gets dangerous after that .

 If not copy and paste the facebook or video link below . 


https://facebook.com/andrew.n.han.5

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155447568620550&id=756525549




No comments: