Tuesday 1 November 2016

Snooping around the Fishermen ' s Grotto



As it is , I'm thinking of crabs .
 No . Lusting for it .
Especially after seeing some folks polish a gigantic pile at Henry Restaurant in Bukit Panchor the other day . 

Triggered a sudden craving for long legged King Crab in particular which I enjoyed on 3 separate occasions ( it was soooo good ) at one buffet outside Garden Grove . 
A craving which made me evetually dig out my stash of dependable creamy spaghetti sauce with crab bits from Daiso . 
Pathetic eh ? It did help stave off the desire just a little .






Anyway , there's news that the Fishermen's Grotto has been sold off to a new owner .

When I was there ,  Dungeness crabs were in season . 
However I put the handbrakes on my wallet especially after I heard how much one fella paid for 2 numbers . After converting , I suffered a memory blackout . Too much for me to bear aiyo really expensive and take out some more . If I eat in I will have to tip some 20 percent off the bill so wow no go maaann..... In N Out it is .

What I did do was stroll along this passageway . Was still early you see , so there wasn't much people around except for the workers .




Going rate for the crabs was 
USD 11.95 per lb  .
Omg .
You convert to MYR and see if your eyes roll backwards and you suffer from temporary amnesia or not .





Thus I had to content myself with busybodying around .
Those crusties were placed to defrost this way , with ice on top , placed next to the wash area to thaw I guess .




Later , they will be displayed this way in glass cases ....




...after being cooked that way .




Thus much as I would have loved to give it a sample ( fat hopes ) I had to be content with snapping pictures of ( such matte lipstick red ) Maine lobsters ...




.....lobster claw cocktail , lobster rolls ....





as well as this humungous platter of seafood ....with a Dungeness crab , lobster claw , oysters , clams , tons of shrimps everywhere ! 





 Yes I absolutely love crabs but due to that Umno building incident , I've been a little afraid of eating them ever since . However , when I look at these pics above , I know I need to sink my fangs into some crab sometime soon .

King crabs taste best in the USA (  absolutely hated the one I tried in Korea one summer ) , you can't import it in without affecting the flavour and taste .

Since I live in Malaysia permanently it will have to be either Flower crabs or Mangrove crabs .
One of these days . When I am up to it . Gulp !






No comments: