Thursday 15 December 2016

Amazing scenes direct from Frankfurt's 2016 Christmas Market


Yes ! I've finally made it here !
First via the super fabulous Qatar which treats economy fliers with gold standard hospitality .



Then through the German rail system which was a bit of a trouble to decipher and crack at first but thanks to the many friendly and helpful people I found , ( along with internet posts you see alongside the wall of my blog page ) , we made it out of the airport to our hotel outside Frankfurt and then all the way to the famous Christmas Market in Frankfurt !





Römerberg Square being the most famous Christmas Market of them all , was our main destination 


It attracts tons of people and the stalls are very attractive .
This here is a huge Christmas tree in the square .
So beautiful .


If you can read English , you can almost read German . Lol .
Why are we at the ticket booth ? 
2 fahrten please .
That's €6 .



This !
The antique merry go round with dancing horses and all .
We had a go and came out dizzier but happy as a newborn kid !


I'll show you some amazing scenes from Römer square first before I show you the other smaller markets outside it .

This guy's selling pretzels of all colours .He's not being cute with me , he's on his cell .


That's chestnuts being roasted in the engine of a train . I think it's fake but hey it's so touristy and Xmasy and I love it !


There are tons of other stalls in Römer but now I'm gonna take you out .
Do notice the lone oriental girl traveller . She's nervous ( we all are ) .
Will address this issue in a separate post later.
( Gonna run out of internet quota soon )



Wild Bratwurst !
Deer meat , boar meat , goose even !


A speciality chocolate stall . Just perfect for the handy men in your life . They made the parts look so antique and real . Unbelievable !


We had Champignons with garlic cream sauce near a Hungarian Langos stall .
Super filling , so hot ( I kept blowing steam and covering my mouth ) that after I started eating it , the ladies next to us bought one for themselves  :D


Salmon .
They're cooking salmon upright by the fire . Didn't try it .
Soon maybe .


I don't need to tell you how many people were enjoying Apfelwein and beer .....too many ! The biggest crowds were usually at open air makeshift seats where liquors were sold .

We made our way through 3 different markets before reaching this smaller one near Galleria .
And oh my gawd , if the smell of what was cooking was not enough to convince you to part with your Euros ....then you must be out of your mind if you don't try this grill . Underneath is real firewood ok ? Very fragrant !



There was a relentless stream of customers and from where I stood , I saw what a frenzied pace they were keeping .


Schwenksteak !
Best in the world !
So tender , so tasty , so oh my gawdsssss soooooo gooooood !
Even if you don't like pork very much , you MUST try this !!!!



Landbratwurst .
What's inside ? Beats me . But it was yummy . All bratwursts here are !

Really stuffed . It was 8.45 by the time we finished and made our way back to the hotel on the outskirts fully stuffed and smacking our lips all the way .




Location : Frankfurt , Germany 

No comments: