Friday 30 December 2016

Checking out Checkpoint Charlie


The original Checkpoint Charlie is long gone and I don't care if some cheesy touristy replacement has sprung up . I'm going to see it .




After crossing the road , I start getting a bit animated . When I get over enthusiastic , I don't feel the need to hide it .  


Since small , I grew up watching Combat , that old miniseries on tv and gaaaaaawdsss I like this very much .



If you think I'm trying to be funny by showing you repetitive pictures , I'd like you to take a good look at the guy in the Raybans .


He was going about his own thing earlier until he noticed me . I know he yelled at some tourists at the top of his lungs for taking unauthorised pics of him , but when it came to muah , this happened 


Really don't know if they don't know what to make of me or what but it has happened a few times already .



It's either they've never seen anything like me before or I really don't know man . Anyway , I move in and ask him if I can take a picture and he grunts out a gruff 
" 3 Euros "
Ooo so manly hehehe


Turns out he's Mr Money Bags in charge of the treasury and points me towards Mr Flag Bearer , who asks me to choose a hat .
I can't tell you how exciting this is , you probably will never understand the feeling and then I ask him a stupid question 
" Which one ? "

" Up to you " he shrugs 


Eeekss !!! This shot captures me right at the moment where he places his arm on my shoulder kah kah kah .
Also notice there's a Mc D next door , which we also went into later 



Muah feels like a Hobbit .
My legs are like cacat but I still like the overall cheesiness of it all .




At the tourist shop just opposite I find a wall sticker of the original Check Point Charlie . 



You really don't need to tell me what to do .
Snap away .



As we made our way towards Mc D , another group of clothes , cap , muffler , shoe totally colour coordinated Japanese girls surrounded Mr Rayban .
Some queued for pics , others wanted a passport stamp . 

Later on I wandered out and went a little bit nuts at the makeshift uniform stall selling US , Russian and German army paraphernalia . It's a weakness honed from young , can't help it .


Location : Berlin 



No comments: