Wednesday 28 December 2016

Two leisurely breakfasts at Le Boulevard


Pullman Dresden hotel has so far been perfect. Very happy with the shopping convenience outside , as well as all that is offered inside .

Time to check out the attached restaurant downstairs called Le Boulevard and see if it matches up .





Which reminds me of hubs friend who used to rave about everything German . Malay chap , funny fella , he talked so highly about Germany we said that he should be appointed a German tourism ambassador .

Approaching the end of my tour with just a few days left , I'm slowly beginning to see why he was so enthusiastic about everything German . 




Sleek , neat lines , the buffet was not so complicated .



Certainly wasn't in the mood for a cold breakfast especially when a hot one is available .



Still , I just wanna take a peek 



Ooo will you look at that bauble tree 


So much for not wanting a cold breakfast , I start out with one yogurt for myself . 



Moving on ....
standard fare ,meatballs , bacon , wedges ...




Cheeses ? nah , grab a mandarin orange from the stack



... breads ....


...cakes ....


...cereals ...seems very continental at this point .


Jams and preserves ...



Now , I know how annoying we can be with our cameras , we can't help it . Especially when the chef standing before me has such a cute face . He seems very shy ( must be very young ) yet he does his best to cater to my request for an omelette .




Honestly , this is the first time I'm having an omelette served in this manner . But whatever doubt I may harbour is thrown out the window with the first bite . It's damn good !!!




Extraordinary !
Come see what he put inside .
Bits of ham , halved cherry tomatoes , shreds of cheese ...really good !



And with that , we finished breakfast and headed back to the room .

Slash the keycard and would you believe it ?
In the short time that we were downstairs , the housekeeping not only cleaned and folded everything ...even the floor was dry ? 



See for yourself .
Not a drop of water .
Dry floor towel .
Everything replenished at top speed !
Hope they're paying her really well .




Second morning .
Entertain myself with the table display which I somehow find very fascinating . Like putting a light in front of a cat . This is irresistible too . Greedy muah .




The waitress leaves me to my devices and lets me do what I want until I take my hands off and stop taking picures .
That time she returns it to the original position on the table for me .
That time I remember that they , the Germans , are usually sticklers for order . Surely I will drive them a bit crazy if I stayed here longer .




So this is my second day's intake 




Not many peeps since most have gone out on an optional ( additional ) tour with Ulf to a Stollen place 




One lady informed us that the herring was a typical German breakfast dish . HAD to take some last pics before moving off 




This is nothing when you've downed Surströmming before your Dutch host tells you that they would never eat that dish themselves . 
Omg thanks a lot man !

It was ok . No complaints from me . Like a salty sashimi . Way better than surströmming although both are the same fish , just differently processed .

Fact : Germans are into organic foods big time , so lap everything up when you are here . What's good for them is definitely good for you too !




Location : Pullman Dresden 

No comments: