Monday 2 January 2017

Qatar Airways - KL / Doha / Frankfurt ( December 2016 )


Nobody who went to KLIA during the last December holidays is going to buy the idea that Malaysians are travelling less overseas or that the economy is ailing . Apart from the umrah crowd , everywhere you turned , was yet another Malaysian family dressed in winter wear just waiting to fly off for their winter holiday .
And their winter wear is not those chekai ones that make you look like a blast from Bratislava circa 1980 . These travellers were all stylo milo enough to tell me that they probably have more airmiles accumulated than I ever dare to dream of myself .

And once we arrived home , if you actually parked yourself outside popular dry cleaners , every customer that walked in carried at least 5 winter jackets with them .

I hardly ever travel during winter so this was really , truly an eye opener for me .




My first impression of Qatar after they adopted their new 5 star tagline was "oh yeah" .
Wasn't expecting the full comfort pack but hey here it is waiting for everyone just before we took our seats .



What's inside the pack .
A nice felt bag . Toothbrush and toothpaste set , sleep pack , ear plugs , socks . 
How very thoughtful of them . 



The ads left a smile across my face . Very cute , creative and entertaining I must add. 


Was so looking forward to a good meal . But I guess those days are past . You don't even have instant cup noodles anymore thanks to some infamous travellers .


Travelling past midnight earns you a snack . Tomyam flavoured ....believe it . Didn't fancy the cake much .


Breakfast brought forth a better variety . For this reason , when it comes to meals , I still prefer one particular airline .Was ok no complaints but it made me wish I could turn back time and be that super pampered economy traveller once more . Ah for the good old days .



Landing in the spanking new Hamad Int'l Airport in Doha left me gasping , but from experience , I already knew that if I didn't get to the gates fast , I would have to sit on the floor .
So no dilly dallying or gallavanting around but straight in .


This is the plane we boarded in Doha .
Most of the stewardesses nowadays are Pinoys and they're pretty nice and polite actually . Always willing to serve .


That ad came up again  .
From the way they're eyeing each other, I think these two could have something going on lolz .



The control panel is new too ! 
Sleek , all black and shiny .


Like looking out into the dessert .
Wanna do that one day .
It's always one day you know . Never actually got round to doing it . 
Personally , I do think it is safe to travel around , never had any trouble with Qatari people , it's just the cost that is going to floor you .


Meals we had as we flew towards Frankfurt were much better .Loved the omelette . Reminded me so much of those I had in Istanbul and onboard Turkish Airlines .



Same snack again .
I changed the flavour from Chicken which was tomyam to Vegetable .
Guess what ?
It's green curry . Sheesh . Was so looking forward to some nice middle eastern fare .
Oh never mind .


Times passes quickly , the seats are comfortable , I catch some shut eye and
before you realise it , we've landed in Frankfurt !


Really didn't know what to expect . Hadn't had any firm plans on whether to take a train or shuttle . In the end everything worked out fine and we ended up enjoying our first Christmas Market in Europe , right here in Frankfurt .



No comments: