Wednesday 1 February 2017

Lady M Confections - queue for cake


Seeing how many men are lining up , simply will not compute on first impression



Because if you look from the outside , it may seem that there are indeed more ladies than men .


Besides , with a name like LadyM and glowing reviews  left by very enthusiastic netizens , it still took me by surprise that in an area that was decidedly deserted ( even with the regions largest Uniqlo store one step away ) compared to a bustling next door building , there would be people willing to wait .




Have both popped into Hummingbird and Magnolia and from what I see , the interior is no where as quaint and pretty . That's why , you really need to get to the opposite of the main road and see the beautiful split level dining area which serves like a advertising showcase on its own .



If it were up to me , I would join the line . Yet again , I had a party that saw no point in lining up for a mere cake but because I was adamant that we not leave Orchard Road without being a participant in this gathering of souls , we ended up with this beeper .


Yep , we did a takeaway and ended up 20 SGD poorer . All that is left is to check if it is mere hype or not .


He took the flourless under protest and a scowl ( because he kept on converting our ringgit like mad ) .
But soon the eyebrows softened and his expression placated due to the immense amount of chocolate couvuture packed into that one slice which btw did not really look that appetising at first glance .

Checkers is mine . A combo of vanilla and chocolate , it was the 4th time I died and went to heaven .
So sinful is this , that if I did not share it , I would have to climb the nearby Mount Elizabeth in order to still fit into my very indecent , too short qipau .




Lucky thing I don't live in JB or I would grow really huge in no time .
The best in the world ? I wouldn't say so but good it definitely is . Overpriced yes . Hey , it's hard to find good creamed cakes with scrumptious chocolate nowadays , thus you gotta be willing to pay if that is your main criteria .

Did I mention that this is a franchise from NYC ? See , you also save on airfare , subway rides and a hotel . Thus if you think that way , paying SGD 10 for a slice of cake is kind of justified .

Location : Orchard Central , Singapore 

No comments: