Monday 1 May 2017

Smalltown Jackfruit - Part 2


I heard that this orange fleshed Jackfruit can be found in Kelantan , Kalimantan , Vietnam and even India .
Thus when I first laid eyes on it ( since all I'd ever seen up till now was yellow in colour ) I just had to ask the seller what the fruit tasted like compared to the yellow fleshed species .



While she informed me that it was much sweeter than the usual yellow fleshed Jackfruit , and boy she wasn't kidding about how incredibly sugary sweet it was , what she did not ( and could not , since she is a moslem ) tell me is that the taste is also so intense , one bite made me feel like I'd taken a swig of brandy or whisky with sugar marinated straight into the jackfruit fibre .


Oh it's as orange as a Valencia and if you ever come across it , do snap it up .
We certainly did not regret trying it for the first time . Here's hoping there will be a second if ever .



Location : Terong , Malaysia 

No comments: