Monday 14 August 2017

Olala Cendol - Mergong


Wanna know how I sometimes sniff out some of the best hawker places on my own , even when I'm on unfamiliar ground ?
Here you go . 
I always keep an eye out for unusual traffic .




That's one of the best indicators unless of course there's a neighbourhood kenduri or wedding feast going on . Using parked cars as an indication is one of the best methods . 

So , this is our very first time at Olala . From the banner one can see what their main dishes are but let's go in now and see what else they have shall we ?



Oh my goodness .
Never knew there were so many types of cendol .
The owner has cleverly coined up ( more like joined up ) names for the variants so at first glance it looks very impressive with add ons such as tapai , jackfruit , sweetcorn , pumpkin , peanuts ....



....however , when your actual order arrives , I am sure you'll be blown away !
Even the normal bowl is bigger than your average bowl of cendol .
See the bowl with the durian at the back ? At 9 ringgit , the bowl is even bigger than the bowl in front , in fact , it's so huge , I could wash my face in it if I so wanted !


Cendol + Durian = Cenyan 
MYR 9 .
No joke . This is a meal in itself for me.
I'm so amazed at the sheer volume and size of this dessert .



Laksa was unfortunately not to my liking although the noodles are obviously self made ( found the taste to be very unique and unlike anything I usually expect ) but never mind , when we come back , we're gonna hit another round of cendol . 
Olalal !



Location : Mergong , Kedah 

No comments: