Tuesday 29 August 2017

Spring Onion blossoms


When Typhoon Hato and Pakhar hit Hong Kong , Macau and South China recently , even though I live so far away over on Penang island , we can still feel the tail end of the effects as well . Hence , the weather here has dipped , the skies have poured and it's been considerably chilly over the weekend . 

And although I was kinda worried about the winds , this unexpectedly happened .

The bunch of spring onions which I had bought and left out on the table , with the roots dry , suddenly burst into life and bloomed . Notice the single star shaped six petal flower down there ?
It's never happened before !




In fact , if you look at the tiny little flower buds , they're so incredibly pretty , they resemble miniature tulips to me . Or a tiny white alium bloom ! So pretty and so cute !


With a firework effect .
Really large stamens for such a small flower .



If only I had a machine to enlarge them , they'd make quite a stunning bouquet don't you think ?




If you wanna try this out , you'd like to know that I did not place the roots in water nor keep the bulb moist at any one time . 

Location : Penang

No comments: