Monday 28 August 2017

Playsuit payoff


Sunday afternoon was spent on retail therapy , picking out new togs out of store racks .
Once again , I found myself gravitating towards Cotton On where I had to this time , being a weekend , contend with very excited Thai bargain hunters who seemed to swoop up sports bras by the basket loads ! They're probably business women cos I don't know any exercise freak who will buy that many sports bras at one go , at least not yet .

Ah , but my intention to enter this store , has swayed from focus on their activewear and now that all the effort  is slowly paying off  ( but still a big girl mind you ) , I'm moving on . 
Of course , I could find a million faults to fret over my unperfect body but what's the point in that eh ? 

Ended up picking 2 playsuits and a 2 piece combo all in . What I consider my personal payoffs for all the time poured into my workouts .





First one .
Wv Elijah playsuit .
It's a long sleeved short pant suit that buttons from the waist upwards . 
Yes in black .... I know , I know . 
Supposed to look like below but the model is skinnier than I'll ever be so don't expect muah to look the way she does when I put this on ok ? Still very elegant and quite stunning . Cool and casual enough to take me from the hot searing sun into the coldest airconditioned cinema lolz .
The boys approve and that general concensus is good enough for me .




Next . A two piece which I thought was pretty matured but when I showed kiddo he compared me to Selena Gomez or Taylor Swiftish and said that this was too young a look for me lah , I need to be stick thin to carry this off lah . Oh gawd , whatevah boy ! Put on your sunshades if you can't take it . 

It's actually a combo which I put together .
The shirt is labelled the Mauve wrap top in Mimi Intense Blue whereas the bottom is a Wv Sally Flippy Skirt also in the same colour .



Purposely crinkled with a combo of both gypsy and chinoiserie , I'm not ready to expose my belly , so I'm gonna wear this with the skirt hitched higher up and the wrap around worn looser with an inner tank .

Washing instructions however , are almost like a tie and dye science . Gosh . Says we have to wring the material dry , then wring one end clockwise and the other anti clockwise before tying both ends together with an elastic band .
I don't see how it will dry without stinking if I were to do that . How perplexing ....




Last one .
The Wv Tessa Cold Shoulder Playsuit .
Colour : Light Wash Lyocell .

Soft jeans like material with two adjustable straps , loose off shoulder frill details and an elastic waistband holding the short pants in place .



Hubs thought this was decent ,and despite the rather cheap looking material , it surprisingly got the green light nod of approval from kiddo .
Me , I'm absolutely delighted over this as it looks sexy flirty in front and shows off my very ample booty very nicely from the back unless I choose to cover the view up with a jacket of course .

Earlier ,I'd tried another playsuit similar to this but that was a bit too much due to the vertical stripes so yeap , I chucked that and settled on this one instead . 



Am I gonna look ridiculous in the last 2 ? 
Maybe . 
But sometimes that's where the fun lies . In those outfits you wonder why you even picked in the first place just cos it fits . 
See how it goes .

Update : picked up one more variant of the Wv Tessa Cold Shoulder Playsuit this time in Lisa Floral Black , as well as the ....





...third piece of Mimi Intense Blue print called the Narla Co-ord Short .
Very obvious that I like this print so much for me to go get the short pants too !




As it turns out , I love the Tessa cold shoulder playsuit so much , I also snapped this one up when I found it in a local Tesco .



The only disadvantage I found with the Tessa was the material , which started getting furry on the 2nd wash .
Problem solved with these 2 additions  both from Cotton On , both also called the Wv Maggie Playsuit .
I find that I really enjoy pairing a slightly oversized jeans jacket with these short playsuits , hence there's really no need for the shoulder detail .

The one below is the Lisa Floral B&W




While this one is known as the Longtail Border Navy .
Very scarf like in appearance 






Location : Penang 



No comments: