Wednesday 8 November 2017

One pot Chinese herbal chicken soup


I admit to not knowing much about Chinese herbs but I love the taste and sometimes have a craving for it .
When that happens , I merely walk into a Chinese medicine shop and pick up a prepacked bundle of herbs like what you see below .

The young sinseh is someone I've patronised off and on , and I've seen him go from black hair to spikes of grey today . Out of curiosity , I asked him what another bundle of herbs was for. He was aghast that I did not know that it was the soup that was a woman's only combination . Not enough , he insinuated in so many words that I was darned lucky to have pulled through my entire life ! ( looks like I'm not the only over dramatic person ) without ever having drunk that once .
 Righttttt I'll try that another day .




In the meantime , this is meant for everyone in the family . It detoxes and reenergises so that's what we need right now . Too many heartbreaking scenes on the street of people loosing everything in their homes . It does to a certain extent , stress us out too , you see .



Anyway , I've washed and cleaned the chicken , half a bird mind you , with skin on . Next , I just throw all the herbs in this way , then cover the chicken with water and boil it on high in the crockpot .
Add salt to taste , boil further on auto and that's it . 
A nice bowl of herbal soup for all in the family . Easy and invigorating .
The ideal bird would be a black chicken ( yeah there's another species with black skin ) but because I cannot find absolutely fresh ones ( I purchased this from the supermarket ) I'm settling for the commercial broiler chicken . 



Location : Penang

No comments: