Sunday 3 June 2018

Weekend exploring Zara



Aaaandddd....I spent the weekend browsing through two Zara stores .
It's my first time shopping in one because I live in Penang , where Zara is not represented . 
Anyway , here I am at last .
Was initially very pumped and all raring to buy stuff .




First store shown in these 2 pics .
Location : Lot 10 , Bukit Bintang .
Lots of up to date bargains , sales personnel that are more approachable .
If I were to judge on the picture below alone , it feels as if I am in an Eastern European country , Kuala Lumpur is so cosmopolitan nowadays . 


Second one I went to was Pavilion , a stone's throw away .
Nicer looking store which at first got me all starry eyed , like walking into my first tinsel store .



Here is the amount of clothes I took into the dressing room .
At Pavilion .....


...and later at Lot 10


Sad , to say , I did not like any of the whole lot that I tried . Most were unbelievably ill fitting on my figure .
Yeah , there were some garments on sale , even then I felt that the quality did not justify the high pricing .

So what did I end up getting in the end ?


This Fringed crossbody clutch with colourful rows of flat beads .
Only 4 allocated to each store I was told and by the time I purchased it , as of now , there's only one left in Pavilion .

Here's a link for you to refer to in case you like this too . You can check which stores have it .

https://zara.com/my/en/fringed-crossbody-bag-p11368304.html?v1=6615508&v2=358021



There was no 6% additional off as I had anticipated . The staff had readjusted the prices prior to this , so what you see is what you get .

In the end , I came to the conclusion that we're paying for the size of the store as well as location .

Would I go back there again ?
Mmmmm....I'd prefer to stick to my usual haunts .

On an afterthought , I should give a more balanced assessment of this retailer .

Here's what I like .

1. Jackets

 Their jackets as they go all the way past the upper thigh and cover the butt area nicely . Kind of boring to me though . Would look good on someone really skinny or a person who wants to cover up their ass-sets .

2. Shoes

Did not try their shoes despite them being reknowned for their durability .
Maybe I'll return for that next time but currently I have more than enough already . Overall , they look rather fierce and sexy , so that's plus point number 2 .

3. On demand checking system

There could be more sizes in the store , just approach the staff and every single one of them armed with a green phone like gadget can check if the garment is available in another size for you on the spot

4. Beautiful layout

Nice lighting , lots of space , basically what we are paying for

5. Quirky bags

Quite unique designs in very limited numbers but instantly recognisable as something you possibly purchased from here 

6. Earrings

Huge , distinct and chunky pieces that are quite gorgeous . Maybe I'll return for those ;) . They're 3 times more expensive than Lovisa's when on sale ,so that's a big maybe.









No comments: