Friday 20 July 2018

Les Grains - Moulmein Rise


Long story short , I didn't even know that a bakery even existed until we parked in the basement the other day . Everything in this area seems to tout organic which is such a major turn off for me , so I was pretty delighted over that sinful fragrance enveloping this complex .

Almost driven half mad by the buttery aroma , I let my nose lead me and yup , sure enough , we found it right at the back , on the other end of the front entrance of this high rise called Moulmein Rise which is located on the former parking lot used by Pulau Tikus market goers. 



Was really taken aback by the prices on the various breads .
15 ringgit for one large mound of a loaf , if you ask me , that's more than a lot of Penangites can stomach or are willing to fork out for , yet I saw auntie types grabbing 2 or 3 at once ! 
Now that is highly , highly unusual .
So of course I want to give this place a try . 



We place ourselves in this corner and then I look around . Oh man , it certainly reminds me of a tiny corner of EM Quartier in Bangkok .
Slightly glitzy feel to it , yet cozy and filled with scrumptious flavours . 
I'll say that this is really pretty , rustic and intimate all at once too .



Had a good chuckle over this .
Just because we're paying more for all this , we get to eat bread with a brass coloured fork and knife .



What's my verdict ?
Good , thumbs up ! Love the bread and coffee .
However , while it is called Les Grains , I can't help but let you know beforehand , how you cannot Less-en the Pain in your pocket once you take a look at the price list unless of course , you are thinking to yourself , hey why do I need to fly to Bangkok when I can enjoy the good life here eh ? 

Recommended . 
Just don't say I didn't warn you about the price first .


No comments: