Tuesday 28 August 2018

Yoga FIT at The Galleria


When I spotted this poster on my facebook feed , I wasted no time in signing up .
And I'm really glad I made the extra effort to pull myself out of bed on a sleepy Sunday morning just to be there .




As I sat myself down in this spot , I shook my head thinking of what had just motivated me enough actually come here .



Not only would we be able to enjoy a free session of yoga in the open space , they were also providing yoga mats for the first 200 registrants of the day  . Yes , very honestly , this mat motivated me enough to tumble out of bed and take a shower at 5am cos I can never ever leave the house without bathing first . So crazy I tell you  . 


Arriving 15 minutes earlier than the said time of registration , I was so shocked to see just how many people were already placing their mats down to book a space . 

Penang people just love to exercise at all times of the day , we even have a relative who used to walk in the pitch black darkness of the botanical gardens , after midnight  just to get his sweat flowing !



  Anyway , the next few pictures will be of the yoga teachers practise session before the event proper .



 If you notice , I'm in a row that is already some distance from the stage and I was really hoping that I would not embarass myself or get tangled up somehow .

I was kinda of pissed at to how some inconsiderate people simply stepped on other people's mats with their shoes on . After seeing that happen a few times , I spread myself out to prevent that from happening to me .


Actually , the event turned out to be quite an eye opener because



#1 the teachers who came from Sungai Petani , Butterworth and Penang  were women of all shapes and sizes . When I watched them in motion , I saw only agile flexibility demonstrated so that was pretty inspiring already for me .




#2 despite it being held just next to a main road , since it was a Sunday , there was minimal traffic and it was really nice to hear the birds chirping in the trees above , with the nice crisp air and the smell of seawater permeating my nostrils every now and then .


#3 
I found the routine fairly easy and was so surprised that the hours passed by so quickly .



# 4 
Had enough energy even after a heavy lunch , so hey , their techniques work cos I get tired and sleepy easily so do give this yoga group a try when you can .


Breakfast was provided .
Quite delightful to find miniature vegan style finger foods laid out hotel buffet style. 
It was delicious mind you and I'm not even a vegetarian . Amazing variety , adequate and lovely to chow on .


There was a farmer's market along the perimeter but I found nothing to my fancy .
Instead , I picked up a free bottle of enzyme from a volunteer booth that even offered to teach people how to make their own enzyme at home .


Other than the yoga session , the other thing that piqued my interest was an Ayurveda talk .
That bottle of herbs above I picked up from their little stall for RM25 .


Again , I'm so glad I attended it as I have always been a fan of alternative and natural medicine because the few lady speakers in there gave so many tips .
They passed around oils , gave us insight into various treatments and emphasised on breathing right .

Answering a simple question , I ended up winning an Ayurveda massage worth RM 180 so that was an unexpected bonus woweee !


I would deem the event as a success . Not sure if the Mandarin and Hokkien only speaking lady I sat next to, would agree. She had plenty to complain about which was pretty toxic and totally defeated the purpose yet I still lent her an ear till she threw her hands up and left eventually . Geez . 


If you're interested , you can check out the list centres above ok ?





No comments: