Monday 27 August 2018

Happiness Program - one off payment, to yoga for life


So yesterday I took the trouble to wake up extra earlier than I usually would , just to go and attend this Yoga FIT
 event at The Galleria by BSG on Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah .

After the roughly 2 to 3 hour free session ended , I opted to attend an Ayurveda talk and it was there that I was made more aware of this program which I had heard of around a year back,  but one ..... did not fully believe that such a thing existed , and two ...... it was due to a communication problem because the person who told me about it only spoke in Mandarin or Hokkien , 2 languages which I completely suck at .




Now , from what I understand , one has to first make a one off payment of around RM 400 or so , in order to attend this Happiness Program and then after that , you can gain access to free yoga sessions for life at various locations in the northern region such as Penang island , Sungai Petani , Butterworth , Ipoh even .
This payment goes to charities eventually .


The thing that made me impressed over it was actually a lady speaker at the event . She recalled how she had her uterus removed and she couldn't even walk , but after taking up this course and practising , she decided to give back to society by contributing her time and effort in helping to spread this good cause .



Again , as I mentioned before , another lady had told me that free classes existed on Penang island before , but I could not get the entire gist of what she said , so it was pretty much eating away at me but I did not pursue it cos I half believed it .


I'll briefly break down what impressed me enough to want to tell you about it 

1.
I saw women of all shapes and sizes and not the usual chopstick sized babes associated to the hip Yoga places today leading the pack 

2. The emphasis is on smiling and breathing rather and not so much on perfection of your ability to straighten your knees while your palm touches the mat . It's ok here , there isn't so much pressure on perfecting your circus performance

3. I actually did this effortlessly so I guess the breathing techniques ARE as good as they say it is . In fact I had enough energy left even though I was up at 5am ( this is unusual for me , it would completely drain me out ) and I was surprised I could take the hours of stretching , breathing , then a talk , before lunch and back home ....yet I still wasn't worn out ! So that WAS amazing !


The only requirement is , you'll need to pay up one time for the program which will be held at a particular date where you will have to preregister your interest with them first .
And only after you attend the program , can you gain access to free yoga classes every week .

Isn't that great ? I think it is . So if you want to be healthy and help a charitable cause at the same time , you may contact the centres listed in the paper above for more details .


No comments: