Friday 24 November 2017

Play translator


Sports Direct is the only retail place where I can get USA Pro , the fitness wear brand from . And since they announced that they are holding a Sports Fair , beginning on the 23rd of November , lots of people have been making a beeline to their shop on the island already .
Keeping in mind that the annual bridge run is on this weekend , I decided that it was best for me to come check it out on the first day of the event ( which stretches till 3rd of December btw ) .




Well , I found this pair of tights in the same pattern as the bra top worn by Perrie Edwards of Little Mix fame ( see pic above ) .
Called the Pink Haze , it was marked down from MYR 322 and I got it for just MYR 89 .



 Wooohhh , that's almost 70 percent off ! Fantastic !

Fit for for this pair of tights will be perfect for those with long legs . Kinda loose , I could not buy one size down as that would be way too tight 


On a whim , I grabbed this top from the rack to see if it would go with that ....and it did !

Front view 


Back view



Original price MYR 145 , I paid MYR 39 ..... that's nearly 80 percent off ! So not bad too !

No idea why the one sold online has a white inside while mine is pink on the inner section where the brand name lies 


The design may look so boring but when I put it on , the correct size gave a huge lift to my boobies , making them look much more ample than they usually look ,despite the fit being very loose fitting , which was really surprising , thus I ended up taking the other design in Charcoal too .

Front view

Back view 



Both were marked down to MYR 39 each from MYR 145 and MYR 157 respectively . Yeah the charcoal vent tank is more expensive ( MYR 157 ) yet it still was sold at MYR 39 ! 
Not bad huh ?

This shirt is the only example closest to the design above which I could find online. Mine's much nicer don't you think ?




It was when I reached the cashier counter that I had to play translator .

You see , the cashier is a Filipino man and as I was waiting for him to remove the security tag , this Malay guy came up and asked him the same question twice .
He wanted to know where the shoe bag section was and whether they had a larger bag that could contain many shoes .

On his 2nd attempt , the cashier replied back in English , to indicate that he had a problem understanding , which really annoyed this fellow who seemed to be in a sort of rush .
Also because the Filipinos and Malays look alike  , that if you were to put them side by side , you wouldn't be able to tell them apart , you wouldn't even guess that both spoke completely different languages from one another .  ( Yeah , even I've gotten into that fix when I went on a cruise many years back , so I learnt from that )  .

Well , on the 3rd try ( he obviously could not bleat a word of English ) , I decided to play translator . Which annoyed the Malay guy even more , since I look so completely Cina you know , yet I speak their language fluently and was able to translate it back in English to the Pinoy staff .

It was funny , because I swear the Malay guy looked like he wanted to give up on life right at that moment . 
Well , in the end he headed towards that said direction and I chuckled knowingly with the embarassed cashier over what had just happened .
He was apologetic , that he could not pick up Malay fast enough , but he took it as a matter of fact , so I'm sure he's had many of those Aaargh moments himself .

Anyway , 3 items paid for , I made my way out of the store which is kinda overwhelming for first timers . Yeah I remember my first time and how I thought that I'd just entered a huge Toys R Us concept store for sporting goods .

Wanna know why I find it fun playing translator ? It's because of the range of human emotions which will be displayed upon doing so , but of course , another reason is that I'm on the receiving end a lot these days as everyone speaks Mandarin on the island and mainland . That's when I have to rely on kiddo to do the deed for me , yep the tables are turned on me that time . Not so fun for me then . Uhuh. In fact I look so weak and helpless my eyebrows always do some ridiculous acrobatic manouvres that time .

Location : Udini Square , Penang

No comments: