Saturday 25 November 2017

Self torturing weekend


After a 2 day break from the handheld digital therapy machine ( you're only supposed to use it 5 times a week max ) , I used it one more time before switching to , two other weight loss methods .

First method .
Got myself a tube of Hot Chili Firming Cream , which is actually a wine coloured clear gel , with a light rose fragrance . 

Some say it burns , some say it doesn't , others say it works , and then there is another group who will tell you not to waste your money .
For me , combined with the 2nd method below , it managed to reduce my weight by another 500 g or so overnight , so , for MYR 12 , I  certainly am not complaining . As a matter of fact , I'm really pleased with the outcome . Totally unexpected as I thought it was just some gimmick .




When it first comes into contact with your skin it feels cold because it's not really a cream but a gel . Only later does the heat slowly build up . If you ask me , it's not that painful of a burn , just feels a bit warm . It can deliver a sauna like effect if you cover yourself with a thick blanket or tummy belt . The act of covering up CAN work up some sweat . Again it all depends on you as an individual .

Second method .
Detox tea from Kelantan . 
Ingredients : green tea , assam gelugor , kucing galak , misai kucing , daun kayu manis .



Something a former colleague of mine used daily after giving birth . She was bent over in excrutiating pain for a week and eventually became model stick thin yet she always looked healthy . Since I can't seem to find that made in Acheh jamu anywhere , this is the other proven method . I won't recommend this to everyone as it requires countless trips to the loo . 
I'm using this on the weekend and only one alternate days . Means if I take this on Friday , then I skip it on Saturday and then I take another round on Sunday . No , I'm not doing this every single day as I still swear by the spoonful of olive oil on the days that I am not taking this tea .
Bizzy Body's detox tea is way more tasty and convenient compared to this tea . Price wise though , this one's cheap . Very cheap . So that's the pull factor .

Now , you may wonder why I'm trying so many ways . Is it because they don't really work ? 

No. It's because they do work ,especially if you stay active and keep fit , but there is a limit as to how many times you can use one method before your body eventually adapts to it and that method becomes less effective . That's what I believe in anyway .

Anyway , I really lost half kilo overnight . No kidding .  You can try this too , but make sure you subject yourself to self torture over the weekend or else it can be pretty embarassing when you have to excuse yourself yet again .

Last of all let me list out the cons of employing these 2 methods above .
1. Fatigue . Due to all that straining in the loo I tire out easily
2. Weakness . Overcome this by going to bed early .
3. Headache . Again , sleeping can help you tide this one over
4. You might actually feel sick . That's why you should not use this 2 methods on a daily basis . 2 weeks max if you do for the Kelantanese tea . 2 to 3 times per week max for the chilli rub .

Location : Penang

1 comment:

Thomas Lee/Lee Lip Pang said...

500g lost overnight is a success!