Thursday 21 June 2012

Shanghai Inn, Hollywood Plaza - Part 2 ( NH )



After hearing a bunch of old seniors complain about the lack of toilet paper inside each stall and the wet floors , I hurried back




Beef rice rolls.

An eye opening experience.

The minced meat has been marinated with orange peel. When you pop it in your mouth , it is bursting with delightful fruity goodness.

Does not even taste like beef at all.

The rice roll just melts in your mouth.
Made me wanna levitate in mid air.
I like this immensely although the flavours are all completely new to me.

Could rave on and on about this dish.
Love it so much !




You have to try the Premium siew mai.

Huge prawns inside.

Deserves two pictures







While the skin on these Har Kau's were surprisingly chewier and thicker (maybe they are deliberately made that way) , we wolfed them down anyway.

Again, it is the size of the prawns encased inside that impresses us.



The char siew pau was ok only . Nothing much to shout about.

Too sticky for my liking.




I liked the taste of the chicken feet,but not the texture.

Too hard . Wasn't cooked long enough.




Finally we started on the Lotus Rice

I've tried it before in many places and I always wondered what the fuss was about

Today, I finally knew why.




The fragrance of the leaves had infused the rice, making it incredibly soft and fluffy.

The filling was delicious !

Incredible ! Out of all the dishes, I like this the most.



One last look before we go



We're staring at the lift door yet I find myself planning to return for the Lotus Rice, in the near future .


No comments: