Monday 1 October 2012

Restoran Chaw Choon - Raja Uda ( NH )


While exploring Jalan Raja Uda , I chanced upon this crazy, packed with so many people dimsum place and have been coming back regularly ever since.

Century egg porridge is my favourite




French beans fried with har mai and sambal too.
Crunchy and delicious !




If you look at every table, it's obvious that people here eat more dimsum than we do on Penang island.
4 little saucers of these deep fried fishballs graced our table but I'm not a fan because I find the fishpaste a little too fishy for my liking



Because of my little 'problem' with the fishpaste , I devoured the brinjal only and left the middle part to the others


Chee cheong fun
Not exactly melt in your mouth with too little prawns.
 Soya sauce is unique because they produced it themselves



Lor Mai Kai
Too soft (maybe oversteamed) but has a heady,appetizing  fragrance from dried shitake mushrooms


Siew Mai
Ok,alright, no complaints



Total damage : cheap

Location : Jalan Ong Yi How

Directions : Aroma Hotel on your right as you head up Jalan Raja Uda, pass 3 petrol stations on your left, then a primary school called Kwang Hwa also on your left .Look out for Pangsapuri Sri Melur on your left, the shop is opposite that apartment block .

Chowtime : best before 2pm


No comments: