Wednesday 20 February 2013

Monkey God Temple - Bangkok Chinatown


Well, well, what do you know.
I'm beginning to like Chinatown very much for all the little surprises that are cropping up here and there


The statuettes are really beautiful .
Temple small but very well kept .
A constant stream of devotees makes it frustrating,trying to get a shot from outside.




Even though I blocked the path, no one gave me an earful, let alone a dirty look.
That's the typical Thai manner for you.
So kind and ever polite.
Especially to overseas visitors.


If you're wondering why I didn't go in, well,
in my opinion, while I had the deepest of respect for it, I just didn't feel like going in.


Well, maybe on another trip.
Since there's reputed to be a beautiful golden monkey inside.
Just not today though.

Location : Bangkok Chinatown

No comments: