Wednesday 20 February 2013

Wat Trai Mit - on temple grounds


The first time I saw this, my jaw literally dropped.
It's so small yet incredibly grand.
You're seeing exactly what I saw, as I stood outside the gate to the temple


 As we walked in, I wanna kick myself for coming to this city so many times over the years, yet only discovering this today.
Just stunning !



See what I mean ?


We had definitely come at a right time.
The entire temple had such a festive, happy feel to it.
There were so many tourists milling about the temple grounds, walking around with happy, smiling faces.


The place was a hive of activities .
What I liked most was this.

 
 Not really sure what the staples signify.
All I know is that you can give a donation by stapling your money to one of the strings


Or get her to do it on your behalf instead


Either way, this is where it goes eventually.
Up via a pulley


Local townfolk gathered over here ...


...to worship this row of Buddhas.


Like I said, if you come during the Chinese New Year,
it gets really pretty.
So many flowers lending an infusion of colours everywhere.

Unlike the Grand Palace, this temple is really
easy to access.
Just get off from the last underground station called Hualamphong and walk towards Chinatown.


Location : Bangkok Chinatown

No comments: