Saturday 13 July 2013

One of 2000 lanterns to flow across the Bosphorus


Sometime ago, I penned a virtual message to mark the opening of the Shangri-la Hotel's chain in Istanbul , Turkey .




Then early this week I received this lovely email from their manager informing me, that my words had been put on one out of 2,000 lanterns to flow across the Bosphorus Straits on the 14th of May . How awesome is that ?





Although I couldn't be there in person, they thoughtfully made a charming video of the event . And from there I knew, that each lantern was carefully released into the Bosphorus, from the open end of a boat. 



Needless to say, I was and still am thrilled beyond words, to have been able to be a part in this grand occasion. 




Knowing that something you penned is floating from Asia into Europe....is simply priceless !



In case you're wondering, all the compiled messages were individually handwritten onto chinese lanterns by the staff themselves ! Amazing !




They really know how to make their each and every single one of their customers appreciated don't they ? 



Thank you Shangri-la !

Location : Shangri-la Bosphorus, Istanbul

1 comment:

Iriene said...

Wow.... that is awesome!!