Monday 26 August 2013

( NH) Eng's Noodles - Jalan Raja Uda


We're pretty early. Explains the lack of crowd. Don't worry, the place will soon fill up.




For less than Rm $30, 'kacang' fans, who are not afraid to stare high cholesterol in the face and wolf it down, will know they've found their grease heaven.



Dry wantan mee. Small portion.
Char siew ... perfection. Though I've never been a fan of fried wantan , I find myself actually enjoying these.
Spot the small slice of mushroom. More vegies and bigger portion than back home on the island.




I'd only recommend the large portion for big eaters.
It's wayyyy beyond filling.




Small portion of the soup version.
Um, well, I like the soup, but I personally prefer mine dry.





Semi braised duck. House speciality.
Never tasted something like this. Quite addictive and very tasty .
Meat falls off the bones beautifully. Must try.



Stewed chicken feet.
Ok, no complaints. Some might find this too oily.
Eating this for health reasons. 



What I like most about Eng's Noodles is, when they say they make their own refreshments and drinks, they really mean it. Nothing out of the cordial bottle for you, this is the real deal. The bowl below cost $3, not repeating this order ( it's kinda fermented, though I'm sure it must be good stuff , just that I can't get used to the lingering aftertaste )
Had a cup of leng teh ( not in pic ) but the effects could be felt almost immediately. 




Location :115, Jalan Raja Uda, Butterworth

Directions : the block of shoplots before the first Petronas petrol station


No comments: