Friday 8 November 2013

( NH ) Appetizers & Salads - Mediteca

 
 
I just love how the sun seeps through the balustrades to light up the quaint but chic little atmosphere inside. The appetite is immediately worked up as we gingerly navigate our way through the  simple display counter.
 
 
 
 
Much thought has been given to lend simple dishes such aplomb and character. The potato gratin in the foreground is the most marvellous thing I've had in eons ! Finely sliced, lovingly baked with careful layers of cheese,omg, I'm in heaven.

 


If you think I went through all that trouble to edit and get these shots below, well, you're wrong.
I'm just using a point and shoot but the tantalizing food looks worthy of a magazine spread. Never thought I'd salivate at the sight of red cabbages but today, that's exactly what happened . Chef knows how to work this.Mmmm
 
 

 
 
Boccocini is tongue mind you.
Yet it still looks so pretty. Taste wise, not bad, if you can overlook chewing on that organ in particular . Now, that's what I like about Mediteca, the fact that they don't conform or bend to suit our local tastes, but keep it real.
 

 
 
Sauteed mushrooms went so fast.
 

 
Green lentils in brie
 
 
 
Long beans cooked french style.
 
 
 
 
 On our table was a portion of bread with tomato flakes.
Had it plain as I don't really fancy spraying, much prefer if I could dip it in olive.

 
 
 
Take your eyes off and gasp at the sight before you.
The duck is delish. With just the right amount of fat.
 
 
 
Yes, it's such a riot of colours with such fresh air flown quality, that you don't need to fork out thousands in air travel tickets for a Mediterranean getaway and find yourself grappling with where to eat, why go to all that trouble when you can get a miniature Europe itself, right here.




Don't know about other first timers, but I've certainly fallen in love with Mediteca.
 
Location : Fraser Place, KL

No comments: