Tuesday 24 December 2013

Baran 2 Restaurant - Divanyolu Caddesi



The last time I made a mistake such as this was in Beijing, but then again, especially when it comes to foreign food which I'm eager to try out, I never learn.



 Won over by the display, which looked so mouthwatering, we walked in since I reasoned, it's been some days since we'd had a hearty plate of rice. 



 Inside is rather spartan, nothing too fancy. Thus nothing will prepare you for the bill later.


 Thought I was playing safe, when I ordered a one dish meal with rice . The meatballs were very tasty and nice, but the rest of the meats and vegies very sloppily put together.


 My partner's order looked like a carcass had been run over by a farm truck. I didn't even feel like taking a sample. You can imagine.



In the middle was this potato dish we intended to share .
Ingredients, save for the potato also taste similar to what I ordered. Yooooo...... I had to end up taking the lion's share cos my partner's eye rolled up at the first bite.
Potato tasted like a cloud of nothing memorable I wanna remember.


While the portion was indeed filling, and the rice kind of temporarily satiated my craving, I never expected to fork out close to RM70 for those 3 plates. Thus this place goes down in history, as one of the most expensive 'chap fun' I've ever had in my life. Turkish style that is.

 Location : Sultanahmet , Istanbul

No comments: