Thursday 12 December 2013

Bereket Doner - Istiklal Avenue



There are dozens of doner establishments in Istiklal Avenue, so many, you won't even know which one to choose from.
For me it was easy. I settled on Bereket Doner not because I knew that it was part of a famous franchise but because I'd taken a quick look at the meat . And it was juicy mind you, not dried out like most. Focus on the kebab skewered at the back, not the eye candy in front please, girls.


 Once, over here, I find out that a sit down plate costs more than a takeaway wrap. But I'm ok with that. And he, proceeds with my order.



Pick up a little something from this chiller. 



 And pay for my purchase over at the end where the utensils are. Self service, if you didn't already know. The staff usher us upstairs where it's a little stuffy. Fine weather in November, no worries though...dying to sink my teeth in.


Rice wrapped in vine leaves. First tried these Lebanese style, now this, hummm....no difference. It's a cold dish which I'm trying really hard to appreciate.


Lamb was a good choice. However, there's no way I can finish so much pickles.



This is the chicken. Not exactly to my liking but in the days to come, I would find tastier ones. Should have taken 2 plates of lamb.Sigh.



Let's just say you wanna find this place, it's just off the main avenue.



The shopfront to look out for. 
Any guesses why the outlet always gets the ladies to come to a halt ?



Location : Sadri Alisik, Istiklal Avenue, Beyoglu


No comments: