Friday 13 December 2013

Dogu Mangal Durumevi - Alemdar


Small and unassuming in contrast to glitzy restaurants just round the corner, was where I found this nice little tuck shop.



The sight of a family of four, each finding comfort in a bowl of lentil soup out in the pavement, made me walk in to find a spot for myself.



  Soup such as this, can be found all over the city. Tastes like dhall actually, until I squeezed the lemon in. Made a world of difference and I lapped it up in no time. Dipped the bread in at times. Brought instant warmth to fill up my cold and empty tummy. Lovely.

   
According to koochi moochi, the wrap is good. I'm not so keen on taking a bite . Let him enjoy it. 



Me, I've been craving for some wings and I know what you're thinking. Well, that's how they serve food here, bread being a staple food.



Open sesame. 
Ah yes, this fits right up my alley since there's a portion of rice too. Their rice here is unlike what we get back home. Stubby , with a texture that's like a cross between barley and Japanese rice.
But one bite of the charred fragrant meat, makes me an instant fan. Find myself comparing the recipe to being as good as Nando's . Damn syok. Nice. Thumbs up.



As we were about to finish, one of the chefs moved away from the kitchen and sat down for a meal which he himself had prepared. As I watched him eat in silence, appreciating each mouthful with a look full of comfort, head cocked to one side, nodding at his own creation , I smiled to myself. What a sight, sexy as hell !
Truly, I agree that his food is delish !
That's him in the back there, wearing black. 

  If ever I have the chance to return, I will stop here again. That's a promise.


Location : Catalcesme Sokagi 29

Directions : entrance to Basilica Cistern on your left, walk along Yerebatan Caddesi, until you come to a small junction where the slope goes upwards on the left . The shop is on the on that upslope on the right.

Foursquare map : https://foursquare.com/v/dogu-mangal-dürümevi/4efc666f9a5210918988fcb8


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I worked here. And I am here can you ask about this +996777674383 WhatsApp and tell

gostansikit said...

Thank you for reading my blogpost Aliumar Arypov. The food there is really delicious. If you don't mind I will publish your number so that future customers can look you up.