Friday 30 May 2014

Tokyo Gourmet Stadium Food Court


Tried out two outlets here upon arrival. Two completely different outlets which sent a jolt to my system.                   First was Tonkotsu Ramen. Has a really fancy kitchen window which catches your eye upon entering the food court.Okay, I was sold, I want whatever it is they're labouring over.


Second was this very popular ramen stall. 



Nothing, and I mean nothing prepared me for this very first meal I was about to have . Out of everything, I can tell you I only liked the seaweed and spring onions.Why ? Cos it tasted like brain and kidney pork porridge. Truly never expected such an impressive looking outlet to whip out something like this


On the other hand, this cold but chewy ramen scored points.
You are supposed to dip some of the cold noodle into the oily ( yes veryyyyy oily ) tangy soup with your chopstick for just a while and then only slurp it up.
Quite addictive and memorable if I may say so.
Saw 2 Japanese men lap this up as if they were in their Mom's kitchen. 

Well, this second meal was also an eye opener. Japanese food can be very oily but I only found that out today.

On the whole, I find this food court ,a really good introduction to the vast cuisines of Japan. Go try it if you're in the area. It's just behind the giant Gundam statue.
Location : Diver City, Odaiba, Tokyo

No comments: