Monday 4 August 2014

Compensated without asking



When people make mistakes, it's up to us whether we wanna single out their folly and pick a bone with them or not. Even if the mistake they made , makes you feel humiliated to the core like what happened to me earlier this morning.



Whatever am I rambling on about ? 

This morning I received some incredibly good news, which 2 hours later, saw those in charge, scrambling to tell me that they'd made a mistake.  Needless to say, I felt deflated as a trampled balloon. Called them back for an answer ( in a very sadddddd and depresssed  tone ) and was informed that it was a miscommunication between two teams . Still in disbelief, I queried the person on the other end of the line because I mean, how on earth does one make a major mistake such as this ? Tried very hard to cover line that person on the other end. Me, fighting back emotions in order not to cry.


This isn't the first time things like this have happened. Cruel joke like this. That this horrible scenario always seems to find me, is something I have to deal with. 
" I feel so sad right now " I told that person who informed me that given the circumstances, a token would be sent to me instead. Sighhhhhh......

Spent the whole morning and early part of the afternoon brooding around. Resigned under a grey rain cloud . Some people told me to take action and hold them by their word. I thought about it. Well, if I did, someone's head would either roll or things would get so bad they'd loose their job even. 

It is not meant to be. Get over it. It is just not meant to be and don't go getting someone in big hot soup over this. Be considerate . 

Three hours after the initial , the surprise call comes in. Bigger compensation in the works. 10 percent of the total worth. Ah, a silver lining .
 


So you see, sometimes, putting others before yourself, no matter how unjustified it seems , staying silent instead of complaining your nuts off ,can be better .We are human after all. We make mistakes . But we do come packaged with feelings and compassion. Hurt and anger. Which a level head helps to keep emotions in check. No nasty calls or demands from me. All I did was whine silently and look so pained and pathetic, until someone so pitied me, they even bought me some fried chicken out of the blue, just to cheer me up. TQ.. ;) I will remember your kind deed

Thank you to that person who got me a better deal, whoever you may be, I know you fought for my case ( though there was no obligation to do so ) without me edging or bugging you for anything in return . Bless you my silent hero. I have met many of you. And I thank the One upstairs for that privilege even if the circumstances under which we met, were rather cruel.

No comments: