Monday 22 September 2014

Stacked Cha Ohm omelette


Learnt how to eat this herb from a Southern Thai lady. 
Took a bit of trial and error before I knew the correct way.
There are tiny thorns on the small fern like stalk. Discard that. Use only the fronds.
At some point it smells like a toxic gas leak, but it's really beneficial to your health. Once you've learnt to appreciate this dish, you might just end up waiting for your next fix.


What you see below is my Stacked Cha Ohm omelette.
You'll need to beat 5 eggs and flavour it with a dash of fish sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil.
Fry the vegies with some oil, remove from pan. Heat more oil and pour the beaten eggs in. Place the precooked vegies evenly on top, flip it and you're set !


Which brings us to the most important question.
What exactly are it's health benefits ?
While the Southern Thai lady recommended it to me for internal cleansing, I personally find it to be a very effective cure against a stubborn cough as well as when I've eaten way too much and get indigestion as a result ( cos I still love buffets but now my metabolism is slowing down ).

Still, refer to this link below to check out it's other benefits.
Or google it if you're afraid to click on the link

No comments: