Friday 19 September 2014

Wonder what large looks like


My preferred stall only had medium sized prawns at the counter. Thus, I had to go next door since I was beginning to hallucinate over when I could sink my fangs into a big fat crustacean.
Pointing to the fattest one , I start snapping away until the lady boss asks me...
" Amoiiiii....nak makan ke nak bungkus ?"
( Young lady , would you like to takeaway or eat in ? )
In other words, I was probably being darned annoying to her. Someone had to stop me. Part of me wanted to tell her that we're both around the same age.
The other part shrugged it off. Must be I have more male hormones, cos either I seem to be blossoming with more character the older I get or I'm just imagining all these up. Syok sendiri. 
Oh what am I rambling on about ?

See, of late, I
have been getting more than a fair share of attention of which I have no explanation for. Even when I think I'm dressed so shabbily. 
Even got a call late at night from someone who thought I'd sent him a present . Hmmmmm....what in the world ? Do I really look like I'm in hunt mode ? How do I always end up sending out the wrong signals ? Beats me. I told him no .
He sounded totally dissappointed . In me. Sigh...

I got laughed at over this.
" what did you do to him , to make him not forget you and want to contact you a whole year later ?" 
Gimme a break. 


Anyway, back to the lady who's the same age as me. Maybe she thinks I am an Amoi because I'm acting like the usual fluff ball I am, totally unafraid to show my lack of intelligence. Keh keh keh. It's fun on my part. Fun that I don't feel the need to prove anything.

Point out the one I want. Then ask how much. Turns out, the largest one cost just RM7.
Jeepers.
She breaks into a smile the more I speak. Geee ....am I some entertaining goon or what...oh, never mind.



The freshness and texture is par excellent .
Meat solid as a meaty lobster. Head full of creamy orangey roe. Yums.

Wondering, no fantasizing about what an RM20 specimen might look like and taste like.
Now, if you'll excuse me . Gotta get me a tissue.

Location : Gurun

2 comments:

Tokyo in Pics said...

Oh geez these prawns looked superb. I haven't seen anything that looks like them in a long, long time!!

gostansikit said...

We used to be able to buy large prawns like this size in the market but nowadays the restaurants have snapped them up leaving us no choice but to buy them from those in the food business.