Friday 10 October 2014

Midnight cheesecake



Went to the bank just now, to deposit some moolah into my sad , sad , dismal account.He dropped me off the front porch and I made my way up the stairs.

HONK HONK HONK

What's wrong with the caveman ? Bad enough I have to be on the look out for suspicious characters, I'll be back in just a bit. 
Push my way in, ignoring him totally.

Gawdamnit ,  did the bank finally do some reno ? 
Why'd they even bother, since everything looked just as old. 

Ah, there's a word for this... It's called songlap  ( crude internet speak for ill gotten gains through unfair tenders or contracts )



Not only did someone songlap a bundle from the 
"renovations " the whole start up screen looked different too.
Must be something to do with the recent heist. 3 over million ringgit syphoned out, hacked into at the atms,  by what was said to be a South American gang. 

Banks gotta do what a banks gotta do.

Was about to slot my card in,when  I felt a tap on my shoulder. The blood rushed from my head . Should I turn around or sock the bugger in the face with my purse ?
No need..... it was hubs. 

He : " You're in Public Bank "
Me : " Huh ? "
He : " You're supposed to go to Maybank ..... 
Me : " and your point is ? "
He : " It is NEXT DOOR "
Me : " WHAT ???" 
He : " you're in the wrong bank "

Groan....How could I make a mistake like this ? Imagine if my card had gotten swallowed. I would have kicked up a fuss and called the bank up . If the answer was not satisfactory I would have questioned them in a most inappropriate manner. They would have tried to understand my predicament . And provided me with assistance . Only to find put later that I'd tried to access my account at the wrong bank. And they all would have a jolly good time laughing at my impressive intelligence.

Let's have a midnight cheesecake.


No comments: